At KEC, we are proactively working towards meeting the immediate global need for sustainable practices and developing shared value for all stakeholders, local communities, and the planet within the business. Our initiatives are people-centric, and also about striving to make society more eco-friendly, happier and healthier.
Occupational Health and Safety
Promoting a positive, proactive culture of safety is vital for us to maintain physical and mental well-being of all employees. Our continued focus on implementing advanced and customised safety practices, along with enhancing safety awareness amongst the workforce through specialised, tech-enabled training programmes help us achieve high standards of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) excellence. We are also embedding digital safety solutions across the entire value chain of the business in our endeavour of building a future-ready organisation.
- Establishment of Steering Committee for every business and Safety committee for each project site for effectively monitoring safety performance
- Strengthened the digital EHS reporting system, which now provides real-time reporting of safety observations, incidents, and near-misses across all levels of the organisation. The platform provides end-to-end EHS management and helps the Company to achieve zero incident way of working
- Framed and implemented a comprehensive Fatality Prevention Plan across all businesses to stringently monitor safety measures and deployed safety systems at high-risk operations to achieve the goal of zero accidents
- Enhanced focus on safety training by leveraging modern technologies such as Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Ensured strict compliance of COVID-19 Standard Operating Procedures to ensure protocols across all offices, project locations and manufacturing units
Safety Park, Malaysia
Virtual Reality training
Work-at-height safety training
At KEC, giving back to the society and helping to make it stronger, especially during challenging times, is an important facet of our business operations. As we continue our endeavour to ‘Touch Lives’ of our stakeholders, driving their holistic empowerment remains at the core of our corporate philosophy. We are committed to creating maximum positive impact by envisioning a better tomorrow for the communities we operate in and the stakeholders we work with. We are at the forefront of bringing about social change in underdeveloped economies in Africa and SAARC. We reinforce relationships through regular engagement and partnerships with our key stakeholders to understand their expectations from us and identify areas for improvement to work on with a purpose of generating long-term sustainable value for everyone.
Pehlay Akshar – Schooling
Pehlay Akshar - Teacher Training
For more information on our CSR initiatives, please visit https://www.kecrpg.com/csr
At the core of the Company’s people agenda lies the focus on Happiness, which is intrinsic at the RPG Group and at KEC, leading to the launch of the Group’s new brand tagline – Hello Happiness, few years ago. With Happiness being the focal point, supported by RPG Group’s Vision, Values and Capability tenets, we are enabling a performance-driven environment that encourages learning, transformation, and growth across the organisation. The Group has launched ‘Happiness Survey’, the employee engagement initiative for Group companies to understand the opinions of its employees. Our endeavour is to continuously increase the Happiness Quotient through our sustained, employee focussed initiatives across aspects such as growth, culture, recognition, and work-life balance.
- Constitution of Happiness Council chaired by members of senior leadership for designing and implementing new people initiatives
- Action planning workshops across the organisation to increase Happiness Quotient
- Announced Happiness Champions Awards for recognizing Individuals / Teams who contribute towards overall happiness of employees
- Employee Wellness Sessions by Medical Fraternity in collaboration with reputed agencies
- Hybrid way of working for employees
RPG Happiness Framework
Employee Engagement initiative - Birthday Celebration
Diversity and Inclusion
At KEC, we encourage a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces diversity across the spectrum – race, nationality, religion, marital status, gender, age, ethnic origin, physical ability, etc. In addition to strengthening our focus on hiring women employees and persons with disability, we have also started recruiting transgenders.
We lay special emphasis in developing the diverse workforce through our well-defined values and progressive policies and programmes.
- A 10-member Diversity & Inclusion committee ensures an inclusive environment by rolling out employee-friendly policies and programmes that address gender sensitisation, and unconscious bias, amongst others
- Deployed women employees on shop floors at manufacturing facilities, casting yards at Metro Rail projects, and international and domestic project sites
- Launched progressive policies for specialised hiring of women at senior level, mentoring programmes for women employees, and a focus on security of women employees
- Increased recruitment of Persons with Disability and commenced hiring transgenders for various roles
KEC identifies that some extent of its ESG impacts lie in the value chain including its suppliers and it has initiated steps towards mitigation of such impacts. We plan to partner with our suppliers to initiate our journey towards decarbonization so that jointly we are able to minimize the GHG footprint and support in the Global transition towards Low Carbon economy.
- Formulated KEC’s Supplier Code of Conduct to set out the essential requirements expected from our Suppliers as regards compliance with laws and regulations, corruption, bribery, social and working conditions, child labor and the environment
- Formulated a Sustainable Procurement Policy and initiated Assessment process
- Formulated Code of Conduct based on ESG criteria
- Regular proactive engagement with value chain partners at the highest level, with periodic meetings and visits
- Enhanced focus on long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Conscious efforts towards knowledge sharing, particularly on latest technologies and digital processes
- Significant thrust on ESG & sustainable business practices